DO I NEED TO BOOK MY FLIGHTS TO Costa Rica?
WHAT IS THE Costa RicaARRIVAL & DEPARTURE INFO?
ARE THERE ENTRY & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS?
ARE THERE HEALTH/MEDICAL CONCERNS?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN THE WELLNESS CLASSES?
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL FEES?
IS traveling to Costa Rica FOR ME?
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TRAVELING in Costa Rica?
Do i need to book my flights to Costa Rica?
This travel tour do not include international flights therefore travelers are responsible for booking their own flights into and out of the country. For this Costa Rica journey, you’ll fly into/out of Liberia International Airport (LIR) in Northern Costa Rica. Direct flights from the US depart from the New York area, the Miami area, Minneapolis, Houston and LAX. Please check with your travel professional for the best available route options. Do not book your flight until the tour is confirmed to depart.
What is the Costa Rica arrival & departure info?
Your journey begins on March 24th in Liberia airport. Please schedule your arrival to be between 12pm - 4pm on the 24th in order to take advantage of the included group transfer to Nosara, a 2-hour van ride away. For the March 31st departure, please schedule your flight to depart Liberia airport at 12:30pm.
If you choose to arrive/depart outside of the set transfer times, we will be happy to help arrange your transportation for an additional fee.
Are there entry & Travel requirements?
All travelers’ passports MUST be valid for 6 months after date of entry into Costa Rica (Oct 2018). Please make sure to check your passport at least three months before your departure so you have time to renew it if necessary.
No Visa is required to visit Costa Rica if you are a US, EU, or Canadian national and stay less than 30-days.
For this trip we suggest packing no more than a 10kg/22lb suitcase and a tote or backpack. Nosara is a very casual beach community and a packing list will be sent as part of your pre-departure package. To get started you'll need: light layers, yoga/fitness clothes, earplugs, a beach towel (or sarong), and flip flops.
Are there health/medical concerns?
Please consult a travel doctor and the CDC website for up-to-date travel vaccinations.
We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance for this trip. Even if you're healthy, accidents can happen! Travel insurance covers things such trip delay, lost luggage, accidents and emergencies. If you're looking for a policy, we frequently refer our travelers here.
The overall health care in Costa Rica is good and many people travel here specifically for reliable, inexpensive options. English speaking doctors, dentists, and a hospital for serious conditions are all within easy reach of our property.
Stomach problems can be common when traveling. Drinking a lot of water is the best way to stay healthy. We suggest you pack activated charcoal and probiotics to keep your gut healthy and calm should it become upset. Blue Spirit has a filtered water system throughout the resort.
Zika, a mosquito born illness has been reported throughout the Americas. In Nosara, there has been no reported infection in recent months and the local clinic has not treated anyone with symptoms this year. To learn more, please visit the World Health Organization. To protect against mosquito bites, please travel with repellant and plan to cover your arms and legs with long sleeves and pants.
What can I expect in the Yoga Classes?
Yoga classes at Blue Spirit will be held in a mixture of indoor and outdoor open air spaces. Jillian's seamless style of yoga simultaneously works with the body, mind, and spirit, while attuning with nature and the environment, creating inspiring classes and an integrative healing experience. Her technique focuses on harmonizing the inner and outer worlds, leaving students feeling grounded, relaxed, and open. Blue Spirit provides all yoga props including mats, blankets, blocks, straps and meditation cushions.
Are there additional fees?
International airfare, additional meals, alcohol, personal expenses, additional activities such as day tours, transportation, or spa appointments booked in addition to the itinerary will all be additional fees.
Is traveling to Costa Rica for me?
Costa Rica offers up welcoming tropical vibes. Here are a few standouts to help you to decide if this tour is a good fit for you.
- Outdoor Living: Aside from your sleeping space, Costa Rica life happens outdoors. That means open-air bathrooms, wall-less fitness studios, and dining under the stars.
- Animals Are Your Friends: Expect to commune with every thing from small lizards and spiders to birds and even monkeys. We have entered their natural habitat and while we've never had any cause for concern, please be aware that these critters have no bounds. Not to worry, mosquito nets are in every room.
- Remove Your Shoes: Flip flops are the footwear of choice in Costa Rica as rarely are shoes worn inside. Expect to take them off at the entrance to the yoga studio.
What do I need to know about traveling in Costa Rica?
- The national language is Spanish, but almost everyone you meet will speak English.
- No Visa is required to visit Costa Rica if you are a US, EU, or Canadian national and plan to stay less than 30-days.
- Currency is the Colon, but everywhere takes US dollars. Plan to travel with USD in denominations of $1/$5/$10 bills for small purchases such as snacks and tips.
- Visa or Mastercard is accepted for larger purchases and at the hotels. Call your credit card companies before you leave home and inform them of your trip. There's nothing worse than being stuck overseas with no access to money!
- Tipping is voluntary, 10% is common for great service.
- Electricity and outlets in Costa Rica are the same as in the US so no need to bring anything extra.
- WiFi is available at the hotel, but does not extend to the Eco-Cottage Rooms.
- Dry Season will be in full swing during our time in Costa Rica. Temperatures will be in the 80's during the day and can drop to the 60's at night with mild humidity. Pack layers so you can remain comfortable. Rooms have A/C.
- Pickpocketing is prevalent in every place across the world. We've always felt safe in Costa Rica, but we suggest never leaving your belongs unattended on the beach - shoes have gone missing.
- Filtered water is available at Blue Spirit, plan on brining a refillable water bottle with you.
- Blue Spirit offers fantastic fresh, healthy, vegetarian food. The resort can happily accommodate all dietary requests such as vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
HAVE QUESTIONS? EMAIL OR CALL US AT +1 646 389 0208