WHAT DOES A PRAVASSA WELLNESS VACATION LOOK LIKE?
WHAT MAKES PRAVASSA'S wellness TRAVEL CONCEPT DIFFERENT?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON A PRAVASSA WELLNESS TOUR?
DO I NEED TO BOOK MY FLIGHTS TO Indonesia?
WHAT IS THE Indonesia ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE INFO?
ARE THERE ENTRY & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS?
ARE THERE HEALTH/MEDICAL CONCERNS?
WHAT LEVEL ARE THE ACTIVE EXCURSIONS?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN THE WELLNESS CLASSES?
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL FEES?
IS traveling to Indonesia FOR ME?
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TRAVELING in indonesia?
What does a Pravassa Wellness vacation look like?
What makes Pravassa's Wellness travel concept different?
These principles have guided our company’s practices from inception and form the foundation for every trip we craft.
STRESS REDUCTION From the moment you book travel with us, we handle all of the details (accommodations to food, physical activity, and cultural experiences) so you can focus on the fun part of vacation.
UNIQUE LUXURY ACCOMMODATIONS Vetted properties are the hallmark of Pravassa’s concierge customer service. The properties we offer pass our strict wellness standards with flying colors and all support the surrounding local communities in some way.
LOCAL FOOD Local ingredients and recipes tell stories that transcend time and geography. Our wellness food philosophy: Eat locally sourced food, mostly vegetables, renews our commitment to sustainability while nourishing your body.
EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCE All Pravassa journeys give you access to expert educators and exclusive travel experiences. We craft relationships that offer insider access to cultural festivals, local's homes, and onsite offerings created just for Pravassa's guests.
TIME TO JUST BE Pravassa gives you permission to stop, recharge, and make time for yourself first by building in unscheduled free time.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY Committed to sustainable business practices that go beyond our office space, we seek out sustainable properties and work in partnership with our on-the-ground teams to reduce the use of paper and plastics on every Pravassa tour.
WELLNESS GUIDANCE PRE, DURING & POST JOURNEY From jet-lag hacks to advice on how to stay healthy while traveling, Pravassa is here to guide and support your journey from the time you register to after you return home. Joining our connected community enhances your entire vacation experience.
What can i expect on a Pravassa wellness tour?
A Pravassa travel experience is more than just a vacation. We plan a stress-free vacation, which restores your best self. Our 5-tenet wellness philosophy®: BREATHE. MOVE. MINDFULNESS. NOURISH. EXPERIENCE. ensures you'll have a #changedbytravel experience. Here how:
- We will limit this group size to a maximum of 20 travelers in order to create a harmonious tribe.
- We personally research and scout our itineraries ensuring they are properly vetted for wellness travel.
- We craft each tour to have a balance between cultural excursions, physical activities, and down time to explore on your own.
- We never drop you off at a must-see sight in a cattle call. Instead we partner with expert guides who invite you to be immersed in the culture and have an authentic and often exclusive experience.
- We eschew large tour buses.
- We understand the importance of diet & nutrition and work with all our travelers to accommodate their needs.
- We connect you to our like-minded community made up of solo travelers, couples, friends, and families, all over 18 years of age.
- We create a Pre-Departure Package, which includes an exclusive travel guide, wellness tips and travel hacks, a wellness consultation, and access to our team who will answer all your questions.
- We make sure you are greeted at the airport with a friendly face to whisk you to our first location.
- We welcome the group in an opening wellness session, which we release the stress of traveling and discuss our upcoming itinerary.
Do i need to book my flights to Indonesia?
Pravassa's wellness travel tours do not include international flights therefore travelers are responsible for booking their own flights into and out of the country. For this wellness journey, you’ll fly in to Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Java and out of Denpasar International Airport (DPS) in Bali. All flights from the US take approximately 24 hours including layovers. Please check with your travel professional for the best available route options. Do not book your flight until the tour is confirmed to depart.
** Pravassa's package includes domestic flights within Indonesia. Please note due to the short fly time, these small plans only offer economy class seats.
What is the Indonesia arrival & departure info?
Our wellness journey begins on September 21st in Jakarta’s CGK airport. There are two domestic flight options to our start location which depart at 10am or 2pm. Please make sure that your international connection allows you enough time to make these flights. Upon arrival at the local airport, there will be a group transfer to the resort. We cannot be responsible for missed or delayed connections.
For travelers ending your trip in Bali, a group departure transfer to DPS airport will be arranged. Please schedule return flights to the US to depart after 1pm on September 28th.
If you choose to arrive/depart outside of the set transfer times, we will be happy to help arrange your transportation for an additional fee.
Are there entry & Travel requirements?
All travelers’ passports MUST be valid for 6 months after date of entry into Indonesia (April 2019). Please make sure to check your passport at least three months before your departure so you have time to renew it if necessary.
No Visa is required to visit Indonesia if you are a US, EU, or Canadian national and stay less than 30-days.
For this trip we suggest packing no more than a 10kg/22lb suitcase and a tote or backpack - we'll offer tips & tricks on how to do this! A packing list will be sent as part of your pre-departure package, but to get started you'll need: light layers, yoga/fitness clothes, earplugs, and a good pair of walking shoes.
Are there health/medical concerns?
Please consult a travel doctor and the CDC website for up-to-date travel vaccinations.
Pravassa will purchase medical insurance coverage on your behalf for this trip. Even if you're healthy, accidents can happen! The insurance covers things such as accidents and medical emergencies. If you plan to extend your trip please let us know as there will be additional insurance fees you’ll need to cover.
Stomach problems can be common when traveling. Drinking a lot of water is the best way to stay healthy. We suggest you pack activated charcoal and probiotics to keep your gut healthy and calm should it become upset. Small drug stores are available in Ubud should you need anything on the trip.
What level are the active excursions?
Indonesia's Activity Level is MODERATE. Focus is on fitness classes, walking, climbing temple stairs, stretching, sitting for meditation, bike rides and treks through nature.
Our #changedbytravel hashtag is most appropriate when you find yourself far away from home in a foreign land. Expect to be taken out of your comfort zone - where your most profound personal change will happen. For active experiences in Indonesia we ask that you wear good walking shoes.
What can I expect in the Wellness Classes?
All active wellness classes in Indonesia will be held in outdoor open air spaces. While the temperature in Indonesia is hot and humid, we schedule the classes in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the hottest times of day. Sessions will be a mixture of exercise movement, seated meditation, and discussions designed to stretch and stimulate your body and mind. Our local wellness guides will offer modifications should you have any restrictions. Please note these practices are active movement, but no prior experience is needed.
Remember that you have the freedom to skip any activity that does not resonate with you.
Are there additional fees?
International airfare, additional meals, alcohol, personal expenses, additional activities such as day tours, transportation, or spa appointments booked in addition to our itinerary will all be additional fees.
Is traveling to Indonesia for me?
Indonesia offers a warm, welcoming culture unlike anything you've ever experienced. Here are a few local customs to understand that will help you to decide if this tour is a good fit for you.
- Religious Adherence and Tradition: In Java, Bali, and Lombok, you'll find 3 major religions: Hindu, Muslim, and Christianity living harmoniously. In Bali the religion of Hindu Dharma permeates every day life. Daily you can witness and participate in local festivals, celebrations, or cremations as foreigners are always welcome. Offerings will be placed on the ground outside of hotels, temples, stores, and restaurants, please step around them.
- Sarong and Sash: When entering temples and participating in festivals, the required dress is a sarong and sash, for both men and women, along with a white shirt that covers your shoulders. If menstruating, it is requested that you not enter the temple.
- Remove Your Shoes: Shoes are never worn indoors in Bali. You are expected to take them off at the entrance to a house or temple and remain barefoot. The ground can be hot from the sun so try to walk in the shaded areas.
- Sitting on the Ground: In all temples and blessing ceremonies you will be required to sit on the ground, sometimes for extended periods of time, while praying and receiving blessings from the priest. It is traditional to sit cross-legged in a sarong that covers your legs.
- Do Not Touch: In Indonesia, touching is considered an intimate act. Greeting are done with wais and smiles. The head, the most sacred part of the body, should not be touched unless for religious reasons.
- Visiting a Balian: Local folklore and native medicine is practiced in every village in Bali. Healers, or Balians, make up a large part of cultural tapestry. We've seen a different Balian on every trip and they offer everything from fortune telling to physical check-ups to more otherworldly offerings. We believe it is a not to be missed experience and would happily arrange this for you if you are interested.
- Friendliness and Dinner Invitations: The Balinese are a very social society. Don't be surprised if a local starts up a conversation, wants to talk politics, or extends an invitation for dinner or drinks. As a whole, the culture believes in karma and reincarnation, so a happy vibe is the norm. Nothing more than great company and conversation is expected.
What do I need to know about traveling in Indonesia?
- The national language is Bahasa Indonesian. Westerners are not expected to learn the language and English is widely spoken throughout the islands. We’ll teach you a few key phrases and our experts will be there to guide you so no need to worry.
- No Visa is required to visit Indonesia if you are a US, EU, or Canadian national and plan to stay less than 30-days.
- The currency is Indonesian Rupiah and cash is king. No need to get Rupiah prior to travel. Instead plan to travel with USD in denominations of $50/$100 bills. We will provide suggested spending amounts prior to arrival.
- Visa or Mastercard is accepted for larger purchases and at both hotels. Call your credit card companies before you leave home and inform them of your trip. There's nothing worse than being stuck overseas with no access to money!
- Tipping is voluntary, 10% is common for great service.
- Electricity is 220V and outlets have the 2-Pin European outlets.
- WiFi is available at the hotels in Java & Bali and at most cafes and restaurants.
- Dry Season will be in full swing during our tour. Temperatures will be in the 80's with high humidity. Pack layers so you can remain comfortable.
- Pickpocketing is prevalent in every city across the world. We've always felt safe in Indonesia, but we suggest keeping alert and using common sense so you’ll have nothing to worry about.
- Bottled and filtered water will be available everywhere in Indonesia. In order to stay healthy, please do not drink the tap water.
- Outdoor living is commonplace in Indonesia with traditionally only the bedrooms being private closed spaces. Our hotel bedrooms have air conditioning and mosquitos nets.
- Indonesia is a fantastic place to eat fresh, healthy food. Our meals together will be traditional Indonesia recipes and we can happily accommodate all dietary requests such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
HAVE QUESTIONS? EMAIL OR CALL US AT +1 646 389 0208