WHAT DOES A PRAVASSA WELLNESS VACATION LOOK LIKE?
WHAT MAKES PRAVASSA'S wellness TRAVEL CONCEPT DIFFERENT?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON A PRAVASSA GROUP WELLNESS TOUR?
DO I NEED TO BOOK MY FLIGHTS TO CAMBODIA?
WHAT IS THE CAMBODIA ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE INFO?
ARE THERE ENTRY & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS?
ARE THERE HEALTH/MEDICAL CONCERNS?
WHAT LEVEL ARE THE ACTIVE EXCURSIONS?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN THE WELLNESS CLASSES?
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL FEES?
IS traveling to CAMBODIA FOR ME?
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TRAVELING in CAMBODIA?
What does a Pravassa Wellness vacation look like?
What makes Pravassa's Wellness travel concept different?
These principles have guided our company’s practices from inception and form the foundation for every trip we craft.
1) Unique Accommodations - Vetted properties are the hallmark of Pravassa’s concierge customer service. The properties we offer pass our strict wellness standards with flying colors and all support the surrounding local communities in some way.
2) Locally Sourced Food - Local ingredients and recipes tell stories that transcend time and geography. Our wellness food philosophy: Eat locally sourced food, Mostly vegetables, renews our commitment to sustainability while nourishing your body.
3) Stress-Free Travel - From the moment you book travel us with, we handle all of the details (accommodations to food, physical activity, and cultural experiences) so you can focus on the fun part of vacation.
4) Expert-Led Education - Access to expert wellness practitioners and educators adds a layer to your vacation experience, which focuses on whole body well-being, eliminates stress, and puts self-care at the forefront of the journey.
5) Time for Self-Care - Pravassa gives you permission to stop, recharge, and make time for yourself first by building in unscheduled free time.
6) Commitment to Sustainability -Committed to sustainable business practices that go beyond our office space, we seek out sustainable properties and work in partnership with our on-the-ground teams to reduce the use of paper and plastics on every Pravassa tour.
What can i expect on a Pravassa group wellness tour?
A Pravassa travel experience is more than just a vacation. We plan a stress-free vacation, which restores your best self. Our 5-tenet wellness philosophy®: BREATHE. MOVE. MINDFULNESS. NOURISH. EXPERIENCE. ensures you'll have a #changedbytravel experience. Here how:
- We will limit this group size to a maximum of 20 travelers in order to create a harmonious tribe.
- We personally research and scout our itineraries ensuring they are properly vetted for wellness travel.
- We craft each tour to have a balance between cultural excursions, physical activities, and down time to explore on your own.
- We never drop you off at a must-see sight in a cattle call. Instead we partner with expert guides who invite you to be immersed in the culture and have an authentic and often exclusive experience.
- We eschew large tour buses and instead use vans that seat three-across.
- We understand the importance of diet & nutrition and work with all our travelers to accommodate their needs.
- We connect you to our like-minded community made up of solo travelers, couples, friends, and families, all over 18 years of age.
- We create a Pre-Departure Package, which includes an exclusive travel guide, wellness tips and travel hacks, a wellness consultation, and access to our team who will answer all your questions.
- We make sure you are greeted at the airport with a friendly face to whisk you to our first location.
- We welcome the group in an opening wellness session, which we release the stress of traveling and discuss our upcoming itinerary.
Do i need to book my flights to Cambodia?
Pravassa's wellness travel tours do not include international flights therefore travelers are responsible for booking their own flights into and out of the country. For this Cambodia wellness journey, you’ll fly into Siem Reap (REP) airport. All flights from the US take 24+ hours including layovers. For departure, you can flight out of either Siem Reap (REP) or Phnom Penh (PNH). Travelers are responsible for booking their own flights, though we will work with to find the best route. Do not book your flight until the tour is confirmed to depart.
What is the Cambodia arrival & departure info?
Our trip begins on October 5th at Cambodia’s Siem Reap (REP) airport. Please make sure that your international connection allows for your arrival between 10am – 3pm on this day. Upon arrival at REP, there will be a group transfer to the resort. We cannot be responsible for missed or delayed connections.
A group departure transfer to either Siem Reap or Phnom Penh airport will be arranged. Please schedule return flights to the US to depart after 4pm on October 16th. Departure transfers will be confirmed once travel plans have been submitted from all travelers. If you choose to arrive/depart outside of the set transfer times, we will be happy to help arrange additional hotel nights and airport transportation for an additional fee.
If you choose to arrive/depart outside of the set transfer times, we will be happy to help arrange your transportation for an additional fee.
Are there entry & Travel requirements?
All travelers’ passports MUST be valid for 6 months after date of entry into Cambodia (4/19). Please make sure to check your passport at least three months before your departure so you have time to renew it if necessary.
A Visa is required to visit Cambodia. Your Pravassa wellness travel package includes VIP arrival service, which secures a Visa for you if you are a US, EU, or Canadian national and stay less than 30-days.
For this trip we suggest packing no more than a 10kg/22lb suitcase and a tote or backpack - we'll offer tips & tricks on how to do this! A packing list will be sent as part of your pre-departure package, but to get started you'll need: light layers, yoga/fitness clothes, earplugs, and a good pair of walking shoes.
Are there health/medical concerns?
Please consult a travel doctor and the CDC website for up-to-date travel vaccinations.
Pravassa will be purchasing medical insurance coverage on your behalf for this trip. Even if you're healthy, accidents can happen! The insurance covers things such as accidents and medical emergencies. If you plan to extend your trip please let us know as there will be additional insurance fees you’ll need to cover. We STRONGLY recommend you purchase additional travel insurance coverage for the rest of your trip. Travel insurance can be inexpensive and it covers things such as trip delay, trip cancelation, and lost luggage. We are happy to refer you to our preferred travel insurance company.
Stomach problems can be common when traveling. Drinking a lot of water is the best way to stay healthy. We suggest you pack activated charcoal and probiotics to keep your gut healthy and calm should it become upset. Small drug stores are available in Ubud should you need anything on the trip.
What level are the active excursions?
Cambodia's Activity Level is MODERATE. Focus is on walking, climbing temple stairs, yoga, mindful movement, sitting for meditation, bike rides and treks through nature.
Our #changedbytravel hashtag is most appropriate when you find yourself far away from home in a foreign land. Expect to be taken out of your comfort zone - where your most profound personal change will happen. For active experiences in Indonesia we ask that you wear good walking shoes.
What can I expect in the Wellness Classes?
All active wellness classes in Cambodia will be held in outdoor open air spaces. While the temperature in Cambodia is hot and humid with a possibility of scattered showers, we schedule the classes in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the hottest times of day. Sessions will be a mixture of yoga and seated meditation to stretch and stimulate your body and mind. Our wellness guides, Bita Jenkins and Moses Brown, will offer modifications should you have any restrictions. Please note these practices are active movement, but no prior experience is needed.
Remember that you have the freedom to skip any activity that does not resonate with you.
Are there additional fees?
International airfare, additional meals, alcohol, personal expenses, additional activities such as day tours, transportation, or spa appointments booked in addition to our itinerary will all be additional fees.
Is traveling to Cambodia for me?
Cambodia offers a warm, welcoming culture unlike anything you've ever experienced. Here are a few local customs to understand that will help you to decide if this tour is a good fit for you.
- NAMASTE - Cambodians greet each other with their hands held together in pray position and a slight bow. You hold your hands higher (mouth level, 3rd eye level) when greeting elderly people or monks.
- MAKING A DONATION - Temples are maintained from the donations received by visitors therefore remember to make a contribution when visiting.
- REMOVE YOUR SHOES - Shoes are never worn indoors in Cambodia. You are expected to take them off at the entrance to a house or temple and remain barefoot. When seated, do not point your feet at people or the temple alters.
- SITTING ON THE GROUND - In all temples and blessing ceremonies you will be required to sit on the ground, sometimes for extended periods of time, while praying and receiving blessings from the monks. It is traditional to sit cross-legged in a sarong from women and in blue or black slacks for men.
- DO NOT TOUCH - Women are not supposed to touch Monks. If you are a woman and want to hand something to a monk the object can be placed within the monks reach or directly on their receiving cloth. Additionally no person should ever be touched on his or her head in Cambodia.
- SHOWING RESPECT - Playing a big part in Cambodian culture, you show respect by refraining from finger pointing, not wearing shorts, having your shoulders covered, never sitting higher than an elder, and removing hats indoors.
What do I need to know about traveling in Cambodia?
- The national language of Cambodia is Khmer. Westerners are not expected to learn the language and English is widely spoken throughout the tourist areas. We’ll teach you a few key phrases and our experts will be there to guide you so no need to worry.
- A Visa is required to visit Cambodia. As part of Pravassa’s VIP service, we will secure your visa, but in order to pick it up at the airport, you need to have 1 passport photo with you.
- All transactions in Cambodia are done in U.S. Dollars. While this is great news for Western travelers, due to the relative inexpensive nature of traveling Cambodia, it is important for you to travel with denominations of $1/$5/$10 bills. We will provide suggested spending amounts prior to arrival.
- Tipping on services is not expected outside of tourist areas. If you are inclined to tip, 10% is common.
- Cambodia weather can be hot and humid. We will be traveling during cool/wet season, which means the humidity will wane, but sudden, flooding rainstorms are possible. Luckily they disappear as quickly as they arrive. Temperatures will be in the mid 70’s - 80's. Pack layers and a lightweight rain jacket so you can remain comfortable.
- Electricity is 220V and outlets have 2 flat prongs like in the U.S. Power is known to cut in and out so having a travel surge protector is a good idea.
- WiFi is available at the hotels we'll be visiting. We encourage device-free mealtime.
- While pickpocketing is prevalent in every large city across the world, we've not had a problem in Cambodia. You'll receive our guide on how to protect your belongs while traveling. We suggest you be aware of your surroundings and not travel after dark unless you’ve prearranged transportation with Pravassa.
- Smoking is unregulated in Cambodia and remains very popular.
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia so we recommend modest clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for your own comfort.
- Drinking filtered or bottled water is your best bet for a happy gut. It's cheap, available everywhere, and you'll have some in your room to use to brush your teeth.
- Cambodian food will be familiar as Thai, Vietnamese, Indian and Chinese influence it; there is always something for everyone. Pravassa curates our group meals with the healthiest ingredients available allowing us to accommodate dietary requests.
HAVE QUESTIONS? EMAIL OR CALL US AT +1 646 389 0208