Vacation doesn’t have to mean that your usual wellness practices go out the window. In fact, infusing your health and fitness regimens into a weekend getaway can actually enhance your travel experience, helping you ground more quickly into your new surroundings. We've rounded up our top five tips to supercharge your wellness weekend getaway, from on-the-go mindfulness techniques to the perfect packing essentials.
1. Pack a Multi-Use Yoga Mat: Double duty! Add a yoga mat as a non-negotiable on your packing list. This ensures that you get your sun salutations, plank series or jump squats in no matter where in the world you are or what type of workout calls to you. Bonus: It doubles as a picnic blanket or a comfy mat to lay on beachside.
2. Excuse-Proof Your Workout Regiment: Pack a reusable pouch with all your pre and post workout essentials (deodorant, shower gel, body cleansing wipes) to make it impossible for you to skip a day, even while on the road. Sounds like too much work already? Grab a pre-packed kit with compact, portable items like no-rinse body cleansing foam and muscle recovery gel today.
3. Pack Only What You Love to Wear: Have you ever packed multiple outfits or workout ensembles, only to arrive at your destination and feel uninspired by everything in your suitcase? To prevent this issue, pack only what absolutely you love to wear. Even if you end up wearing the same outfit twice, no one has to know. This tip is a super simple game changer that will give you a daily dose of confidence—and save you precious suitcase space.
4. Replace Your Supplements With a Travel Tonic: Herbal supplements are a must-have in our wellness routine, but packing all of the individual bottles can take up precious space—especially when we're taking a lighter packing approach. For a weekend getaway, opt for a wellness tincture or tonic packed with supportive herbs to add to your H20 on the go. We love this Travel Tonic, complete with ginger root and lemon peel.
5. Don’t Forget to Namaste: The easiest way to keep wellness alive in your weekend getaway is to incorporate a mindfulness practice, which helps you ground more quickly into your new surroundings. Sound daunting? Set a timer for 5 minutes, sit in an upright position, close your eyes and focus on your breath. If you need a little more support, our swear-by app Welzen will help get you going.