How do I get there?
You’ll fly into/out of Noi Bai Airport (HAN). All flights from the US take approximately 20 hours of travel time. One-stop round-trip airfare typically starts at $1300 for an economy-class ticket. Travelers are responsible for booking their own flights. Once the vacation is confirmed to depart, Pravassa forwards suggested booking routes.
*DO NOT book your flight prior to contacting Pravassa.
Check-in is available from 3pm on August 29th. Our wellness tour does not begin until 7am on the 30th, which will allows for late night arrivals. VIP arrival service and a designated group transfer are included in your package. You will be responsible for your own entry visa.
Group departure transfers to Noi Bai Airport will be arranged. Return flights should depart after 3pm on September 10th. Departure transfers will be confirmed once travel plans have been submitted from all travelers.
If you choose to arrive/depart outside of the set transfer times, we will be happy to help arrange your transportation for an additional fee.
All travelers’ passports MUST be valid for 6 months after date of entry into Vietnam (3/18). Please make sure to check your passport at least three months before your departure so you have time to renew it if necessary.
Pravassa will supply a Visa Entry Letter on your behalf. You will have to apply for a visa-on-arrival in order to enter the country. We will help you through this process.
For our trip we suggest packing no more than a 12kg/25lb suitcase - we'll offer tips & tricks on how to do this! A packing list will be sent as part of your pre-departure package, but to get started you'll need: light weight clothing, a yoga mat, yoga/fitness clothes, a bathing suit, ear plugs, and a good pair of walking shoes!
HEALTH CONCERNS AND MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
Pravassa will be purchasing medical/travel insurance on your behalf for this trip. Even if you're healthy, accidents can happen! The travel insurance covers things such trip delay, lost luggage, accidents, and medical emergencies.
If you plan on extending your trip or visiting other countries, please let us know as there will be additional insurance fees you'll need to cover.
Our #changedbytravel hashtag is most appropriate when you find yourself far away from home in a foreign land. Expect to be taken out of your comfort zone - where your most profound personal change will happen.
For active experiences in Vietnam (temple tours, herbal medicine doctor visit, kayaking, cave tour, bike riding, cooking class, etc.) we ask that you wear good walking shoes and dress to respect the local culture - covering your shoulders and knees in the temples. Fitness levels can be adjusted to accommodate your needs and it's important to remember that you have the freedom to skip any activity that does not resonate with you.
All wellness classes in Vietnam will be held outdoors. To make the classes as comfortable as possible, we try and schedule them first thing in the morning or just before sunset. Classes will be a mixture of movement, seated meditation, writing, and discussion designed to stretch and stimulate your body and mind.
Lena Franklin crafts her wellness instruction with consideration to the day's activities. Active beginners are always welcome! You will be required to travel with your own yoga/fitness mat, as they will not be provided onsite.
WHAT IS EXTRA?
International airfare, alcohol, personal expenses, additional activities such as day tours, car rental, or spa treatments booked in addition to our itinerary will all be additional fees.
- The national language is Vietnamese. Westerners are not expected to speak the language. Our experts will be there to guide you so no need to worry. If you want to try and communicate, we suggest you learn a few polite phrases. Elders often speak French and many young people will know a little English.
- he currency is the Vietnamese Dong and cash is king outside of the hotels. No need to get Dong prior to arrival, as ATMs and moneychangers are available and offer the best exchange rates.
- Most nationalities require a Visa to enter Vietnam. US, EU, and Canadian nationals will be granted a $25 Visa-on-Arrival. We'll help you coordinate the paperwork before you depart and walk you through the process upon arrival.
- Temperatures in Vietnam will be in the low 90's with high humidity during the time of our visit.
- Electricity is 220V and outlets have either US plugs or the 2 -Pin European outlets.
- WiFi is available in Hanoi, Tam Coc, and Mai Chau. There will be no WiFi during our time at sea in Bai Tu Long.
- While pickpocketing is prevalent in every large city across the world, we've never had a problem in Vietnam. You'll receive our guide on how to protect your belongs while traveling, but if you are aware of your surroundings you'll have nothing to worry about.
- Drinking bottled water is your best bet for a happy gut. It's cheap, available everywhere, and you'll have some in your room to use to brush your teeth.
- Vegetarianism is a new concept in Vietnam. Telling someone you don’t eat meat usually translates to "no pork". During our group meals we’ll do our best to accommodate dietary requests and serve local healthy ingredients.
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia so we recommend modest clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for your own comfort.
- Travel stresses your immune system. We'll provide you some wellness ways to stay healthy, but we also suggest taking vitamins and wearing a mask in Hanoi to stay healthy.
PRAVASSA TOUR FACTS
A Pravassa travel experience is more than just a vacation. We plan a stress-free vacation, which restores your best self. Our 5-tenet wellness philosophy®: BREATHE. MOVE. EXPERIENCE. MINDFULNESS. NOURISH. ensures you'll have a #changedbytravel experience. Here how:
- We limit our group size to a maximum of 20 travelers in order to create a harmonious tribe.
- We personally research and scout our itineraries ensuring they are properly vetted for wellness travel.
- We craft each tour to have a balance between cultural excursions, physical activities, and down time to explore on your own.
- We never drop you off at a must-see sight in a cattle call. Instead we partner with expert guides who invite you to be immersed in the culture and have an authentic and often exclusive experience.
- We eschew large tour buses and instead use vans that seat three-across.
- We understand the importance of diet & nutrition and work with all our travelers to accommodate their needs.
- We connect you to our like-minded community made up of solo travelers, couples, friends, and families, all over 18 years of age.
- We create a Pre-Departure Package, which includes an exclusive travel guide, wellness tips and travel hacks, a wellness consultation, and access to our team who will answer all your questions.
- We make sure you are greeted at the airport with a friendly face to whisk you to our first location.
- We welcome the group in an opening wellness session, which we release the stress of traveling and discuss our upcoming itinerary.