LOOKING FOR GENERAL PRAVASSA FAQ? GO HERE
How do I get there?
Fly into/out of Los Angeles (LAX) arriving by 1pm on March 22 and departing after 2pm on March 26. Round-trip airfare for an economy-class ticket varies. We suggest keeping an eye on the price; tickets can go for as little as $350. Once we have booked the instructor's flight we forward her itinerary so you can try and match her flight pattern.
We will be booking a round-trip shuttle from Los Angeles to Palm Springs, which is included in your package cost. If your flight arrives/departs outside of our suggested time, it will be your responsibility to make your way to Palm Springs.
*Do not book your flight prior to contacting Pravassa to confirm the tour is take place. If you prefer to have help booking your flight, let us know and we will refer you to our preferred agent.
What is not included in the package price?
Airfare to LAX, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, any additional activities such as day tours, car rental, spa treatments, and personal expenses, which are not included in the package price.
Check-in begins at 3pm on the start date of our tour. Designated airport transfer on our arrival and departure dates are included in your package. Please make sure Pravassa has your flight itinerary so we can coordinate the shuttle.
- Palms Springs has seen many incarnations throughout the years. Today the city resembles a European-style resort with a dash of small-town Americana -- think Jetsons architecture and piano bars with the colors and attitude of a laid-back costal village.
- The commercial downtown area of Palm Springs stretches about half a mile along North Palm Canyon Drive. Here you'll find antiques, artwork, vintage shopping, and art galleries - all within walking distance from our resort.
- Our property does not have a restaurant onsite. Morning breakfast can be served in the outdoor common areas or in your room.
- If you wish to spend your free time pampering yourself with a massage or facial, while not included in the package, Pravassa is happy to help you make an appointment.
- The dry desert atmosphere of Palm Springs means pleasant days of sunshine in the low 70's and chilly nights in the low 40's. Remember to drink lots of water so you stay hydrated.
- Here's a sample of what you can expect to spend:
- Kale Acai Icee at Cheeky’s $7
- Admission to Palm Springs Art Museum $12.50
- 50 Minute Massage $95
- Tipping for outside offerings is voluntary and typically 15 - 20% for restaurants and spa treatments.
- Southern California is 3 hours behind EST.
- Our hotel rooms come equipped with shampoo, body wash, lotion and hair dryers.
- Wifi & Cell phone service is available in your hotel rooms.
- A valid driver's license is all you need to board a plan within the US.
- For our 5-day trip we suggest packing a carry-on (don't worry we know you can do it!) and bringing an extra duffle for things you might buy. Artwork, housewares, and clothing, are among the things you might want to bring home from Palm Springs. You'll receive a packing list in our welcome email & in our exclusive Wellness Travel Guide before you depart.
ABOUT GROUP WELLNESS TRAVEL
During our time together you will most likely experience the joys and frustrations of traveling in a group. You’ll meet amazing people from all walks of life and age groups. As a wellness traveler we ask that you be patient and understanding to the needs and preferences of the group. You will be traveling to new places and experiencing new things that may push you out of your comfort zone. Some things may get lost in translation, some countries may not have access to certain foods you like, some cultures may not do things how you like to do them. The easiest way to enjoy these experiences is to put on a big smile and be open to them.
In order for the group dynamics to come together seamlessly for true #ChangedbyTravel experience, please remember that you have responsibilities to the group too. If you are requested to be at a certain place at a certain time, please don’t keep the rest of your travelers waiting. These experiences are more fun with friends along for the ride and we know you’ll make some life-long ones during our time together.
Please keep in mind that this is your vacation and you have the freedom to skip any wellness activity that does not resonate with you. Every class in Palm Springs is held in an open-air wood floor outdoor space. Please remember that you can get dehydrated very quickly in the desert so keeping a water bottle on hand is a good way to combat any symptoms.
Yoga sessions will be 60-minute vinyasa classes designed to prepare you to hit the courts. Margaret’s classes incorporate alignment details, strengthening moves and a keen attention to the breath. Our practice will challenge, stretch and stimulate your body and mind in such a way that you are mentally and physically relaxed and ready to focus. Margaret will customize her instruction to every yoga level. Not to worry, beginners are always welcome.
Thursday and Friday morning, we will walk over to the tennis club. Club pros will run two clinics for us to work on strokes and serves. Saturday afternoon, we will have a tournament to keep improving and have some friendly competition. If you are interested in booking additional court time or arranging a private lesson, we can assist you. Private lessons will be an additional cost.
HEALTH CONCERNS AND MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
Stomach problems can be common when traveling. Drinking water is the best way to stay healthy. We suggest you pack activated charcoal or oil of oregano to settle your stomach should it become upset. This trip does not offer travel or medical insurance. We suggest you book your own when you book your flight or we are happy to help you arrange a policy. Pharmacies are readily available in Palm Springs should you need anything on the trip.
Climate and Weather
Desert weather is at it’s best during our time in Palm Springs. We'll most likely have beautiful sunny days ranging from 70-80 degrees during the day and 60s at night. Please pack layers to stay warm.
What will I eat?
Pravassa's food philosophy is inspired by renown author Michael Pollen: Eat Real Food. Mostly Vegetables. Local Above All Else. Our carefully selected meals include daily breakfast and afternoon Moroccan tea service, plus 2 lunches and 2 group dinners. We can accommodate gluten-fee allergies and other dietary concerns if we know about them in advance. Outside of our group meals, you’ll be able to explore the variety of options Palm Springs has to offer.
What else can I do while in Southern California?
Our property has a variety of ways for you to enjoy your leisure time. Take advantage the two salt-water pools, curl up with a book in the library, or grab a bicycle to go shopping or sight seeing. In Palm Springs we are walking distance from North Canyon Drive's many art galleries, furniture stores and fine restaurants. Classic movies are shown as the sun sets nightly as well.
Cell Phone & Internet Service
There is wifi available throughout the property.We ask that you do not bring your phone to group dinners so that we may enjoy a daily digital detox.
How shall I prepare?
The Inner Game of Tennis by W. Timothy Gallwey is an excellant handbook for overcoming the self-doubt, nervousness, and lapses of concentration that can keep a player from winning
Julius Shulman: Palm Springs by Michael Stern provides a look at the iconic modern architecture of Southern California.
Claire Gray mysteries, this fictional series follows a successful theatrical director who moves from Manhattan to Palm Springs and stumbles upon a dead body.
Claudio Mederios' jazz ode to the city.