WHAT DOES A PRAVASSA VACATION LOOK LIKE?
WHAT MAKES PRAVASSA'S TRAVEL CONCEPT DIFFERENT?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON A PRAVASSA TOUR?
HOW DO I GET THERE?
WHAT IS THE Costa Rica ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE INFO?
ARE THERE ENTRY & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS?
ARE THERE HEALTH/MEDICAL CONCERNS?
WHAT LEVEL ARE THE ACTIVE EXCURSIONS?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN THE WELLNESS CLASSES?
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL FEES?
IS Costa Rica FOR ME?
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TRAVELING Costa Rica?
What does a Pravassa vacation look like?
What makes Pravassa's travel concept different?
Close to our heart, mind, body, and soul, our company wellness principles lay the foundation upon which every Pravassa tour is built. No matter where in the world we take you, expect these principles to shine through on each of our wellness travel journeys.
1) Unique Boutique Accommodations - Scouting and vetting hotels is a hallmark of Pravassa’s customer service. We specialize in forming relationships with locally run properties that shine a light on the best of hospitality. Typical Western amenities may not be available, but their heart & charm make for an authentic experience.
2) Locally Sourced Food - The best way to learn about a culture is to trace its history through food. Local recipes can tell stories across time and geography. Our wellness food philosophy: eat locally sourced food, mostly vegetables; renews our commitment to sustainability and opens a world for you to nourish your body in the best way possible.
3) Exclusive Experiences - All Pravassa journeys give you access to expert educators and exclusive travel experiences. We craft relationships that offer insider access to cultural festivals, local's homes, and onsite offerings created just for Pravassa's guests.
4) Stress-Free Travel - By expertly handling every detail of your trip, Pravassa puts you on a path to wellness and a stress-free vacation. From our exclusive travel guides and pre-departure consultations to VIP customs clearance and on-site transportation, you'll never have to sweat the small stuff with us.
5) Time for Self-Care - In our over scheduled, constantly connected world, self-care often goes by the wayside. Pravassa gives you permission and the time to stop, recharge, and bring joy into your life.
6) Wellness Support, Pre, During, & Post Journey - From jet-lag hacks to advice on how to stay healthy while traveling, Pravassa is here to guide and support your journey from the time you register to after you return home. Joining our connected community enhances your entire vacation experience.
What can i expect on a Pravassa tour?
A Pravassa travel experience is more than just a vacation. We plan a stress-free vacation, which restores your best self. Our 5-tenet wellness philosophy®: BREATHE. MOVE. EXPERIENCE. MINDFULNESS. NOURISH. ensures you'll have a #changedbytravel experience. Here how:
- We will limit this group size to a maximum of 20 travelers in order to create a harmonious tribe.
- We personally research and scout our itineraries ensuring they are properly vetted for wellness travel.
- We craft each tour to have a balance between cultural excursions, physical activities, and down time to explore on your own.
- We never drop you off at a must-see sight in a cattle call. Instead we partner with expert guides who invite you to be immersed in the culture and have an authentic and often exclusive experience.
- We eschew large tour buses and instead use vans that seat three-across.
- We understand the importance of diet & nutrition and work with all our travelers to accommodate their needs.
- We connect you to our like-minded community made up of solo travelers, couples, friends, and families, all over 18 years of age.
- We create a Pre-Departure Package, which includes an exclusive travel guide, wellness tips and travel hacks, a wellness consultation, and access to our team who will answer all your questions.
- We make sure you are greeted at the airport with a friendly face to whisk you to our first location.
- We welcome the group in an opening wellness session, which we release the stress of traveling and discuss our upcoming itinerary.
How do i get there?
Fly into/out of Liberia Airport (LIR). Non-stop flights from New York's Newark and JFK are available on the east coast and LAX via Alaska and Southwest Airlines on the west coast. Round-trip airfare for an economy-class ticket varies. We suggest setting an alert for the ticket you want so you can keep an eye on the price, as tickets can range from $500 - $1,000. Travelers are responsible for booking their own flights. Do not book your flight until the vacation is confirmed to depart. At that time, Pravassa forwards suggested booking routes.
What is the Costa Rica arrival & departure info?
Check-in is available from 3pm on December 2nd. Group transfers into/out of Nosara will be arranged. Flights should arrive between 11:00am – 3:00pm and depart after 12pm.
If you choose to arrive/depart outside of the set transfer times, we will be happy to help arrange your transportation for an additional fee.
Are there entry & Travel requirements?
All travelers’ passports MUST be valid for 6 months after date of entry into Costa Rica (July 2018). Please make sure to check your passport at least three months before your departure so you have time to renew it if necessary.
No Visa is required to visit Costa Rica if you are a US, EU, or Canadian national and stay less than 30-days.
For this trip we suggest packing no more than a 10kg/22lb suitcase and a tote or backpack - we'll offer tips & tricks on how to do this! A packing list will be sent as part of your pre-departure package, but to get started you'll need: light layers, athletic clothing, a beach towel (or sarong), a bathing suit, ear plugs, a flashlight, flip flops and comfortable shoes! Please note beach towels are NOT offered at our resort we suggest bringing a sarong with you.
Are there health/medical concerns?
Please consult a travel doctor and the CDC website for up-to-date travel vaccinations.
We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance for this trip. Even if you're healthy, accidents can happen! Travel insurance covers things such trip delay, lost luggage, accidents and emergencies. If you're looking for a policy, we frequently refer our travelers here.
The overall health care in Costa Rica is good and many people travel here specifically for reliable, inexpensive options. English speaking doctors, dentists, and a hospital for serious conditions are all within easy reach of our property.
Stomach problems can be common when traveling. Drinking filtered and bottled water is the best way to stay healthy. We suggest you pack activated charcoal or oil of oregano to settle your stomach should it become upset.
What level are the active excursions?
Costa Rica's Activity Level is MODERATE. Focus is on walking, sitting, stretching, and treks through nature.
Our #changedbytravel hashtag is most appropriate when you find yourself far away from home in a foreign land. Expect to be taken out of your comfort zone - where your most profound personal change will happen. For active experiences in Costa Rica (nature treks) we ask that you wear good walking or hiking shoes.
What can I expect in the Wellness Classes?
All wellness classes - breathework, meditation, stretching, and performance enhancement sessions - in Costa Rica will be held in outdoor and open air spaces. The temperature in Costa Rica during our visit will be pleasant, even cool once the sun sets, with the sessions being held throughout the day, please pack layers to make sure you are comfortable. The sessions will be a mixture of movement, seated postures, lectures, and discussions designed to stretch and stimulate your body and mind. Our wellness guides, Ed Harrold and BreatheAware, will customize instructions with consideration to the day's activities. All fitness levels can be accommodated.
Remember that you have the freedom to skip any activity that does not resonate with you.
Are there additional fees?
International airfare, additional meals, alcohol, personal expenses, additional activities such as day tours, transportation, or spa appointments booked in addition to our itinerary will all be additional fees.
Is Costa Rica for me?
Costa Rica offers up welcoming tropical vibes. Here are a few stand outs to help you to decide if this tour is a good fit for you.
- Outdoor Living: Aside from your sleeping space, Costa Rica life happens outdoors. That means open-air bathrooms, wall-less fitness studios, and dining under the stars.
- Animals Are Your Friends: Expect to commune with every thing from small lizards and spiders to birds and even monkeys. We have entered their natural habitat and while we've never had any cause for concern, please be aware that these critters have no bounds. Not to worry, mosquito nets are in every room.
- Remove Your Shoes: Flip flops are the footwear of choice in Costa Rica as rarely are shoes worn inside. Expect to take them off at the entrance to the fitness studio.
- Sitting on the Ground: Wellness classes are primarily taught while sitting on the ground, sometimes for extended periods of time. We have access to props such as bolster, blankets, and blocks to make your set up more comfortable.
What do I need to know about traveling Costa Rica?
- The national language is Spanish, but almost everyone you meet will speak English.
- No Visa is required to visit Costa Rica if you are a US, EU, or Canadian national and plan to stay less than 30-days.
- Currency is the Colon, but everywhere takes US dollars. Plan to travel with USD in denominations of $1/$5/$10 bills for small purchases such as snacks and tips. We will provide suggested spending amounts prior to arrival.
- Visa or Mastercard is accepted for larger purchases and at the hotels. Call your credit card companies before you leave home and inform them of your trip. There's nothing worse than being stuck overseas with no access to money!
- Tipping is voluntary, 10% is common for great service.
- Electricity and outlets in Costa Rica are the same as in the US so no need to bring anything extra.
- WiFi is available at the hotel.
- Dry Season will be in full swing during our time in Costa Rica. Temperatures will be in the 80's during the day and can drop to the 60's at night with mild humidity. Pack layers so you can remain comfortable. Rooms have A/C.
- Pickpocketing is prevalent in every place across the world. We've always felt safe in Costa Rica, but we suggest never leaving your belongs unattended on the beach.
- Filtered water is available at most places in Costa Rica. Plan on brining a refillable water bottle with you.
- Nosara is a fantastic place to eat fresh, healthy food. Our meals together will be focused on clean eating with lots of fruit, vegetables, and some lean protein such as chicken and fish. We can happily accommodate all dietary requests such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.