Some of us look forward to this time of year. The weather turns colder, people get into the holiday spirit and resolutions are made to start anew. Others of us start out this way, but come mid-December, we can't wait for the holiday season to end. Keeping in mind this top 5 list may just make your holiday go from stressful to enjoyable!
1. Eat Healthy - Sometimes it's hard to admit, especially around the holidays, that we feel better when we eat better. Every day you try and eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and grains, don't throw that out the window for a few days of holiday binging. Instead forgo that fabulous family pie recipe for a small piece of dark chocolate. In the end you'll have more energy to face the day.
2. Exercise Regularly - Just because you have holiday commitments, doesn't mean you have to skip the gym or the yoga mat. Arrive at the party 20 minutes late to squeeze in a quick workout. You'll make a fashionable entrance when you arrive glowing from the "me" time you just gave yourself.
3. Sleep - Stress seems to always affect the amount of sleep I get, but sleep is a big key to remaining healthy. If you have trouble falling asleep, return to your breath. Use relaxation techniques to slow and deepen your breathing, this will help your body relax and maybe you'll drift off faster.
4. Set Boundaries - Determine exactly what you can deal with this year and what you do not want to repeat from seasons past. Allow yourself to be okay with saying NO. It doesn't have to be mean, but knowing what you can take on will save you from feeling stressed about not getting it done later.
5. Limit Your Commitments - You don't have to accept every party invitation this season. I'm sure your friend's mother will understand if you just can't make it this year. - Linden Schaffer